Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Jiggity-Jig

Home. Ah, how sweet that word is.
I finally got in about 1am this morning after 13+ hours of traveling including a 3 hour layover plus a 2 ½ hour delay, ticket agents who didn’t know what they were doing, and barely making the final connection. But – God is good.  I’m home. And my own bed has never felt so good before.

I am exhausted to say the least. Being this tired can make me somewhat confused, unfocused, punchy, snarky, uber goofy, emotional, and/or a combination of any of the above. Therefore, I apologize in advance for anything in this post that is not quite coherent.




If you saw my previous post, you’ll know my cousin and I drove to Nashville, TN via Lexington, KY.  After checking out of our hotel in Lexington, we took a slight detour that was very scenic.



I took a lot of photos of the landscape, including the rolling hills and white rail fences.  I won’t post them all because I know not everyone has the same affinity for white rail fences and green pastures.  


 Pregnant mamas 



We reached Nashville by the afternoon and took a tour of the Grand Ol Opry.  


Talk about cool! What started out as a insurance company's local broadcast in 1925 is now considered the home of America's music and the country music's most famous stage. It's hosted stars such as Minnie Pearl, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton, Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson, Trace Adkins, Carrie Underwood and Blake Shelton. (If you don't know who any of those people are...do yourself a favor and find out.)  :^) 



The tour was pretty spectacular and I even got to stand on the very same 6 foot circle of wood flooring that all those above mentioned stars stood on and performed. Completely magical moment!






After our tour we headed to our hotel and got cleaned up for dinner and a night out on the town! Dinner was at the famous Loveless Cafe. The Loveless is basically a must-stop if you're in the Nashville vicinity. The place is famous across the nation for it's hospitality and food - and I can attest that the biscuits are the best I've ever eaten! (Sorry mom!) 








The rest of the evening was spent wandering up and down Broadway in downtown Nashville. There's a country song by Jason Aldean about the town that I used to hate until I visited the place. I could then see with my own eyes - how Crazy Town it really is! And so much fun! Laura and went from place to place to listen to the music, staying if we liked it, leaving if we didn't! 

Outside the Wildhorse Saloon

I even saw Elvis!

I've decided I want a southern accent. If for some reason I ever moved that way, I would get one. It would just happen. Oh darn.  And in case you're wondering - I do like the song now!

1 comment:

Sara Bette said...

Yay! I'm so jealous but glad you had a grand ole' time. I want to see more pictures!!!